A Wedding by the Lake

For a bride wanting to pull the Lake of the Ozarks essence into her wedding, I created a nautical theme that is both light and friendly.  Crisp whites and medium blues remind me of the sailboats I see from my deck in the summertime, and elements of wood add to the natural, sun-beaten feel of the Lake.   

I started building my textures with items I found around my store. 
I liked the feel of this basket, but the color was more whitewashed than I wanted.
This chair in my office captured more of the color and feel I wanted to serve as my inspiration. 


I pulled out my cork chargers to pair with the classic white table cloth and the ever-nautical feeling blue and white striped runner and solid navy napkins were the perfect complements.


For my centerpiece, I used a piece of driftwood that looked as if it had been pulled from the Lake just the day before (writer's confession: I did not pull this from the Lake).  Although my bamboo chairs would look beautiful with this color scheme, I used the white chairs for a lighter, Lake-side look.  The final product is clean, simple and everything you could want from a Lake wedding.






Comments

Popular Posts